Moulding (Wall / Ceiling / Chair rail / Frieze / Trim)
Hire our services for professional workmanship today by calling at 514-721-0343
A moulding is a decorative band placed anywhere on a wall and/or ceiling and compliments the room’s crown moulding. These mouldings are referred to by various names: chair rail, frieze, trim, panel, etc. All of these can be used to contribute to the room’s overall style.
Wall panelling and design
Wall panelling reinforces the room’s distinctive characteristics, and ceiling panels can complete the ensemble. Wall panelling design can be simple to complex, as illustrated in the figures below.
Wall panel design is usually determined as follows:
- Choose which wall will be the focal point of the room
- Select either full or split panelling, according to the height of the ceiling (see Fig. 1 and 2)
- Choose different panel widths to create interesting variations (see Fig. 1 and 2).
- A chair rail (Fig. 3) can be added between split panels (Fig. 4) or can become the border between bottom-only or top-only panelling (Fig. 5 -6).
- The integration of a decorative moulding and decorative corners can further enhance any of these layouts.
- Architectural and ornamental plasters
- Restoration and repair
- Design services
- Installation services
- Custom Order
- Design assistance
- Professional installation
- Tailor-made products
- Ornate designs
Montreal, Westmount, Montreal
Ceiling panelling and design
Ceiling panelling can reinforce the room’s distinctive characteristics and completes the room’s ensemble. Ceiling designs range from simple to intricate, as illustrated in the figures below.
In the examples above, we began with a ceiling center and crown moulding (see Fig.1). You can add a subtle detail (see Fig. 2) or elaborate details (see Fig. 3 or 4) to give the ceiling more prominence. They always enhance the interior decor of a room.
Living, dining, study, family, and bedrooms can have different decorative ceiling styles. For example, the study and bedroom can be classical (see Fig. 2 and 3), while the living room can showcase a light fixture and/or ceiling rose (see Fig. 4). In larger and more formal spaces you can have a patterned detail (see Fig. 5).
Coffers (see Fig. 6), on the other hand, can be used in a library, or entertainment area. Coffers can be shallow or deep and will create an impressive ceiling plan.
At Stuc Nola, we have wide range of existing design templates to inspire you. It is our pleasure to help you select the design that best suits your style.
Helping you make the right choice when choosing your moldings
Fill in our contact form for more information!
Our wide range of products includes rings, knobs, ceiling roses, pilasters and columns. Call us!